Explore E-town, Lancaster County's Next Adventure, previously MSIB (Market Street! Improving Business) is an All Volunteer 501(c)(6) non-profit Economic Revitalization, Economic Development, Marketing, and Community Improvement Organization.
To provide non-profit business support, marketing strategies and plans, organizational structure, beautification funding, community and economic education, positively contributing to the sustainability of Elizabethtown's Downtown business community as well as the general safety of our town.
An Economic Develpoment/Revitilization, Marketing, and Community Improvement organization distributing all their proceeds directly back into the Elizabethtown Community. Founded, organized, comprised of, and built by Elizabethtown small business owners whom all but one live in Elizabethtown as well.
Explore Etown was founded in 2011
Built with a strong belief that the spirit and heart of Elizabethtown starts with a strong downtown district and sustainable private business owners. We plan on working along side the Elizabethtown Borough, the Elizabethtown Chamber of Commerce, Rotary, EASD, GEARS and many other organizations to ensure our town remains safe, fun, and inviting with a strong economical base. We want to be an open forum for the residents and business owners, as well be their voice when working toward a better future for Elizabethtown.
- Improvement of the residents relationship with the local businesses for the economic well being of the Elizabethtown Downtown District and the Elizabethtown Borough.
- To provide marketing strategies, demographics and vital local information to new, potential and current businesses in Elizabethtown’s Downtown District and beyond to ensure their recruitment and sustainability.
- To educate, assist and develop current and future activities that specifically help to connect the residents of Elizabethtown with their community and local business owners. We intend to provide volunteer assistance and work hand-in-hand with local groups such as: Elizabethtown Chamber of Commerce, Elizabethtown Borough, Elizabethtown Rotary Club, Elizabethtown VFW, Elizabethtown Fair Committee and Elizabethtown Area School District for activities including but not limited to parades, fairs, school clubs and projects and Holiday Functions.
- To raise awareness and donations to help improve the beauty and safety of Elizabethtown’s Downtown District and beyond (new signs, clean streets, renovating storefronts, safe walking paths). As well, to provide financial assistance to market Elizabethtown to tourists, travelers and nearby towns, families, and residents.
- To inform and educate Elizabethtown residents on the importance of supporting local businesses and buying local products.
- The organization is exclusively for one or more of the purposes as specified in Section 501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986and shall not carry on any activities not permitted to be carried on by an organization exempt from Federal Income Tax under IRS(c)(6) or corresponding provisions of any subsequent law.
Current Projects and Events:
- Etown 2ND Fridays - The 2nd Friday of every months all year round in which 40+ businesses and organizations come together on one night to offer sales, discounts, specials, live music, art openings, kids activities, and more
- Chocolate Walk - Every 2nd Friday in March, stroll through Etown's historic downtown and sample all sorts of chocolate, shop, dine, explore.
- Beans and Brews - Every 2nd Friday in April, a homemade chilli and BJCP sanctioned Homebrew contest.
- Spring Sidewalk Sale - Every 2nd Friday in May, It's a town Yard Sale
- Mug Run - Every 2nd Friday in June, Take a nice summer walk on E-town's new walking path with your collectable mug as participating businesses fill it with fun.
- Ribs and Riffs - An annual FREE Music Festival held every 2nd Sunday in July. Featuring slow-cooked ribs, Rita's Italian Ice, and live Original Music bands from all genres.
- Etown Art Walk - Every August 2nd Friday and Saturday annually. Over 30 Artists and over 15 live musicians in different businesses throughout the town to make your stroll through historic Elizabethtown, PA that much better.
- Etown Wine Walk - Every 2nd Friday in September, a progressive dinner and wine tasting as you stroll through historic Elizabethtown.
- October - New Event Coming Soon!!!
- Jewel Jam - A jewelry jamboree every 2nd Friday in December. Local handcrafted jewelry as well as professional unique, ornate, jewelers.
- Golden Broom - a seasonal award given to the cleanest storefront in the CBD
- Town Map - A detailed retail map of Etown's business district.
- Town Cartoon Book
- Farmer's Market
- Small Business Revolving Loan Funds
- and any ideas anyone may have for which we all can work toward in a positive path